[Fwd: Re: [mythtv-users] Problems tuning PVR 250]

Brad brad at bradandkim.net
Mon Dec 13 21:40:35 UTC 2004

-------- Forwarded Message --------
> From: Robert Copelan <rnc at robertc.de>
> To: brad at bradandkim.net
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Problems tuning PVR 250
> Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:06:29 +0100 (CET)
> I'll send you the frequency of what I found for Channel 3.  Maybe since
> its a fixed channel for you, you can set the PVR250 with ptune and "forget
> it".  Tuning in the Myth system wouldn't make sense anyway since it sees
> only 1 channel.  Thats a shame since the scheduler and TV Guide seem
> really nice.  I may end up getting an older card from eBay if the tuner
> problem continues.
>
> Robert
>

> > On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 14:50 +0100, Robert Copelan wrote:
> >> Brad,
> >> Try tuning to channnel 10 and see if you get channel 18.  My PVR250,
> >> purchased 2 weeks ago, has a TYPE 50 tuner.  That one seems to not yet
> >> be
> >> fully supported.  Also, I have found that by plugging in frequencies
> >> directly it will receive correctly. (ptune.pl --frequency xxxxxx) It
> >> seems
> >> that the frequencies are all non-standard though.  This is probably due
> >> some differently calculated parameters for this new tuner.
> >>
> >> Tonight, I'll send you a script to find working freqs and a couple of
> >> the
> >> ones I found on my system.
> >>
> >> There was a posting last week about a patch to tune.c (kernel program)
> >> that might help.
> >>

> >> Robert
Robert,

Thanks for the help.  So are you saying that I won't be able to change
channels in myth?  I was thinking I could tune the PVR250 to channel 3
or 4 (or wherever I find the signal from the cable box) and then use an
IR receiver and serial port to my cable box (motorola) in order to
change channels.  I guess I am not entirely following what you are
telling me though I appreciate the help.  I am also not clear on why I
would tune to channel 10 instead of 3 or 4.  If I were to plug a TV into
the coax out of the cable box I would have to be on 3 or 4 wouldn't I?

Thanks again,

Brad