[mythtv-users] mythtv refuses to change channels

Shaun Jackman sjackman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 21:39:51 UTC 2004

I'm using udev now to manage /dev. My video source changed from
/dev/video to /dev/video0. So, I ran mythtv-setup, removed all the
capture cards, and set the system up using /dev/video0 just as I had
done for /dev/video some time ago. Now, however, MythTV refuses to
change channels. All my recordings occur at the right time, but record
whichever channel the tuner happens to be tuned. In addition, Live TV
doesn't allow me to change the channel. Whenever I attempt to change
the channel, mythtv prints this error message:

QDateTime::fromString: Parameter out of range
QDateTime::fromString: Parameter out of range
 1
QDateTime::fromString: Parameter out of range

Any help would be very much appreciated. I miss my MythTV box!

Please cc me in your reply. Cheers,
Shaun