[mythtv-users] Successful Aussie Commercial Detection ?

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Sun Dec 12 04:51:48 UTC 2004

Paul Andreassen wrote:

>>Any experiences out there from Australian users on which commercial
>>detection scheme works best ? I turned off commercial detection a while
>>back in frustration but now I'm getting weary pulling commercials out by
>>hand.
>>

>I've also turned off commercial detection.  Have you noticed the line on
>the top left of the screen, it maybe the reason the detection methods
>don't work.  If we remove it then blank frame detection may work.

Could well be.  The surprising thing for me is that I'm actually getting
worse commerial detection once I moved to digital - analogue's
commercial detection was okay (not great, but okay) but digital is
basically useless.

I'll be looking forward to the CVS commit for beter commerical
detection... I'm running Gentoo here, so patching will require a bit of
mangling the ebuild I'm using, though I'm quite prepared to give it a go.