[mythtv-users] Successful Aussie Commercial Detection ?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Dec 12 16:52:52 UTC 2004

> On Sun, 2004-12-12 at 08:13, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > Do your recordings have blank frames at all between
> > commercials or commercials & the show?
>
> I had a quick look and it seems the blank frames are only between shows
> and commercials.

The new code will work much better for this then.  The new code doesn't
need to detect individual commercials, it should be able to detect actual
commercial breaks based upon whether the logo is present, high rates of
scene change, etc..

> > Do either of you run CVS?  If so, I could supply a patch against current
> > CVS for you to give a shot to see if it helps.
>
> I don't want to use the CVS version at the moment because it would
> require X-window building and trying out the new DVB-T support.  Will
> the patch work with the 0.16 release?  If so I can build it and test.

It probably would.  The changes are mainly in commercial_skip.cpp and
commercial_skip.h with one minor change in NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp that I
don't think I really need and will probably get rid of before committing.
Dropping in the commercial_skip.* files would be a simple thing to do.
I'll try to post a patch here for 0.16 when I get the changes in CVS.

--

Chris