[mythtv-users] Re: nuvexport logic change question (mplex instead of lvemux)

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu+mythtv-users at beirdo.ca
Sat Dec 11 18:42:11 UTC 2004

Mark H <mheg1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>   I've been fighting to get nuvexport MPEG2-MPEG2
> working. It seems to blow up on lvemux (gives error
> opening a/v streams (1/0).  But the mp2 and m2v files
> are fine.

Obviously they aren't :)

>    I am thinking about changing from using lvemux to
> mplex. Using simple script like this:
> mplex -S0 -f3 -o outputfile.mpg file.m2v file.mp2    I
> ran it from the command line and it seems to work
> fine. What is the benefit of using lvemux instead of
> mplex in this situation?

mplex makes output files that aren't correct as the PTS numbers aren't
renumbered.  If lvemux isn't working for you, fix your lvemux.  I chose it
very carefully.

Now as to what the problem may be...  First off, make sure you compile lvemux
with large-file support.  I've said this before on this mailing list, I'm sure.
If it can't read large files (> 2G) you will have no end of troubles.  If you
don't know how to do this, Google for "Linux large file support".

If you do use mplex, try playing the result back using Windoze Media Player,
etc and see what it does to the timestamps at the cut point.  Same goes for
tcmplex.

Good luck
Gavin