[mythtv-users] Re: RAID5 ATA IDE hardware card recommendations for mythbackend machine

Andrew Plumb aplumb at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 21:30:12 UTC 2004

Thanks for all the replies!  Looks like it'll be a 3ware card.

All of this was prompted because we just had an HDD failure and lost
about a month's worth of unarchived baby pictures; redundancy is the
primary issue.  My wife's getting a new machine for her desk, so I'll
retire the old machine to the basement and pop in the RAID5 for file
serving and multimedia jukebox purposes.

If you don't know what to do, do something.