[mythtv-users] Is my pvr-250 fried?

Josiah Royse jroyse at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 13:12:39 UTC 2004

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 06:53:59 -0600, Byron Williams
<williamsbyron at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I have a PVR-250. An older model that came with the black remote. It was
> installed on a myth system using Fedora Core 1. After about a month or 2 of
> use the myth system wouldn't play live TV anymore. I'd just get a black
> screen. I looked at it, but I don't know anything about Linux so I decided
> to just reinstall with Fedora Core 3 to see if the card was fried.

This is just a general suggestion- Try booting using one of the
knoppix type run-off-the-cdrom MythTv discs.  This will allow you to
hopefully eliminate your operating system as the problem at let your
concentration focus on possible hardware problems.

--Josiah