[mythtv-users] easiest way to use vcr with mythtv ?

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 22:14:00 UTC 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:17:18 +0200, Tomi Makinen <makinen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I connected my vcr to my pvr 250 and now I am wondering, how I should setup
> mythtv to view vcr stuff.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> I should be able to change to vcr channel with remote.I tried to make
> a channelt which I would link to composite input, but it would need
> channelset which wants to be some channel .. I do not want anything
> extra to my program guide. ..

Well, the easiest way to do it, assuming you just want to watch VHS tapes, is:

1) Go to Watch Live TV in Myth
2) Change to channel 3 (or 4) in Myth*
3) Turn on your VCR and press play

*Use whatever channel you normally change your TV to when you use the VCR

If, on the other hand, you want to actually transfer your VHS tapes to
Myth, then things get a bit more dicey. Might want to take a look at
these threads:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/97668?search_string=VCR;#97668
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/46998?search_string=VCR;#46998

HTH,
Lane
--
"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003