[mythtv-users] ATrpms mythtv suddenly auto mutes ivtv?

Mark Wormgoor mark at wormgoor.com
Tue Dec 7 19:19:09 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am running 0.16 on FC2 installed using Jarrod's howto.  It's been running
grade until this weekend.  ATrpms had me upgrade mythtv and all of a sudden,
ivtv will mute when I record or go into live tv.

1. When I record something, there is no sound.  If I manually run
"ivtvctl -y mute=0" during the recording, sound is there in the recording
from that time.  ivtvctl -a shows mute=1 at first, but mute=0 after the
command.  So, mythtv is setting ivtv to mute audio.  If I turn off mute and
then start a recording, sound is muted again.

If I go into live tv, there is no sound, until I change the channel.  Even
if I go back to the original channel, sound remains there.  But, if I exit
live tv and go back to live tv, sound is muted again.

I haven't had time to check the recent changes in the rpms, but if someone
has a solution, please help :)

Kind regards,

Mark