[mythtv-users] DVD Ripping ?

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Dec 7 14:10:23 UTC 2004

Quoting Randy Carpenter <mythtv at rune.net>:

> I mentioned this in a different email, but I'm not sure if people read it
> all (it was a long message :) )
>
> Anyway... I'm looking for a way to put in a DVD, and have Myth rip the
> whole disk, just as it is, and make a single image file of it (Including
> menus, and extras). I then want to be able to play back that DVD at any
> time. "DVD Jukebox" is what I am thinking.
>
> Any ideas?

Do the rip yourself with vobcopy or other similar tools and just move the
resulting files over to your mythbox across the network.

However, this would require that Myth in it's current state can play
DVD's given a path spec. mplayer can certainly do this. However, myth
might not be setup for it.

--
It helps the car, in terms of end user complexity and engineering,
that a car is not expected to suddenly become wood chipper at some   |||