[mythtv-users] PVR-250 + PVR-350

DS mythtv at dystopic.org
Tue Dec 7 14:06:21 UTC 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Søren Pingel Dalsgaard wrote:

> Having ditched the idea of getting anything sensible out of my
> dxr3-card I have decided to move up to PVR-350. Has anybody tried a
> configuration with a PVR-250 + PVR350. Are there any pitfalls? (how) Do
> I load the ivtv driver twice?

Short version: yes, yes, and no.

There are some pitfalls, mainly due to the likelyhood of getting multiple
different tuner types, at least that was what got me, and there's no way
you can tell before you've got the card inside your machine. While that
used to be a tricky problem, these days you should just need the
prerelease versions of the next ivtv driver. They're getting a bit more
stable now.

And, no, you just load the driver once, and it should autodetect the
various cards (which is the part that didnt always quite work with
different tuners earlier).

It's working fine for me now, but I dont use the 350 TVout (reconfigured
to a separate backend/frontend configuration instead, so the frontend
doesnt have the TV card anymore).

I'd advice you skim the ivtv mailing list archives to see what issues may
come up.

/David