[mythtv-users] Xbox and Decoding HD Streams

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 10:17:16 UTC 2004

OKay, I am trying to figure out what to splurge on and I have seen
alot of talk of using an Xbox as a front end,

at last check these boxes only sported like a 733 processor, so I
wondered if anyone has had any experience playing back HD streams on
them? can they hack it?

I currently do not have my Backend recording HD yet, but plan that as
a very near future upgrade, and dont want my front end to be limited.

so far it looks like locally an xbox can be had for about 130, so that
would be inexpensive, but I would almost wanna build a small box if it
cant handle HD