[mythtv-users] X server w/ PVR-350 xorg.conf

Josh Sharpe climbsomething at cox.net
Mon Dec 6 09:33:04 UTC 2004

First off, I've read through a lot of the previous topics on this, and
attempted all the solutions in them, as well as some non-solutions to no
avail.

With that said, I've been following JWs FC2 HOWTO and everything was going
smoothly till I started editing the xorg.conf file.

Here are my two outputs that I believe concern this:  (not a cut and paste
because I'm on a different comp)

# /sbin/lspci -v

00:0b.0 Multimedia video controller..

            Subsystem: Hauppauge .

            Flags bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 5

            I/O ports at d000 [size=32]

# cat /var/log/messages |grep "iTVC15 TV out"

. Localhost kernel: ivtv-osd: fb0: iTVC15 TV out frame buffer device

So based on the FAQ I believe that leads me to only chance the PCI bus entry
since fb0 already there.

Option "fbdev" "/dev/fb0"

BusID "0:0x0b:0"

With the above it is failing to start the X server, and I've tried lots of
variations on that BusID.

So am I doing something wrong?

Thanx.