Dish channel changing Re: [mythtv-users] Feature Suggestions(Tivo)

nate s nate.strickland at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 04:15:03 UTC 2004

I think I sort of understand what your doing...

Let me see if I've got this right. You basically have one IC, a
'74138', which has 8 output pins that control relays.  You control
which of the 8 relays are on or off by sending an octal number to the
parallel port.

The things I'm still hazy on are how exactly you wire it into the
parallel port, and what you mean by a buffer between the 74138 and the
relay.  Also, for controlling it, is it as simple as echo "3" >>
/dev/lp0 ?

Thanks
-Nate