Dish channel changing Re: [mythtv-users] Feature Suggestions(Tivo)

travis eddy boscotwo at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 6 00:48:06 UTC 2004

id have to find my little sheet, but basicly i used some '74138' ics and had
them connect to the D0-6 pins ( i think it was awhile ago i'd hvae to look
my digram) and then each out put from then 74138 ( each one has 3 in's and 8
outs)  connected to a buffer ( depending on the 74138 some need an inverter)
and each buffer had a relay, so all you would do was right a script that
sent a number to the parrele port ( usally has to be run as root) and the
port lights up certian Dx;s for the number ie. " 3 " would turn on D0,D1 and
then the 74138 would take that in and fire it's 3rd out put..... if you
think you somewhat under stand this i can make a howto or something ( i just
have to find my dirgram of how i did this i build my deal like 2 years
about, it just sits tucked in it's little corner )

-travis