[mythtv-users] MPG600GR

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Dec 4 00:47:45 UTC 2004

On Friday 03 December 2004 14:32, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 03 December 2004 09:37, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > On Friday 03 December 2004 08:27, Jonathan Harding wrote:
> > > Hi Jarod,
> > > I saw in post from November that you've got an MPG600GR.  I've
> > > downloaded and compiled the patched ivtv 1.1.9 from the paken site.
> > > Have you played with the 0.2 code they have up there.  They have
> > > patches for rc2j, but I haven't gotten it to patch.
>
> I've just spent the better part of the past two hours working on this...
> Actually, the patches are for rc1j, that may be why it didn't patch for
> you, it patched cleanly for me.
>
> > > Anyway using with patched 1.1.9 I get a
> > > weird static line at the top of all recordings.  Do you have this
> > > problem?
> >
> > I just saw the 0.2.0 stuff the other day, but I haven't got much further
> > than downloading it. I hope to spend some time on it rather soon though
> > (maybe this afternoon, I think today should be slow at work...).
>
> After patching rc1j, I applied some more paken.org patches, then each and
> every 0.2.0 rc diff up to 3a. Not a huge amount of rejects, and nothing
> that was particularly hard to merge by hand. I've got a tarball together
> that is 0.2.0-rc3a plus paken.org patches up to the stvlp.2 one. Haven't
> actually tried it out yet though. I'm about to actually try building and

I think I need to take a look at the card now to figure out what the hell the
right tuner type is, but I just captured audio and video from my MPG600GR
with a driver built from the above-mentioned tarball. The audio was fine but
the video wasn't very clean (tuner type 47).

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...