[mythtv-users] MPG600GR

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Dec 3 22:32:52 UTC 2004

On Friday 03 December 2004 09:37, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 03 December 2004 08:27, Jonathan Harding wrote:
> > Hi Jarod,
> > I saw in post from November that you've got an MPG600GR.  I've downloaded
> > and compiled the patched ivtv 1.1.9 from the paken site.  Have you played
> > with the 0.2 code they have up there.  They have  patches for rc2j, but I
> > haven't gotten it to patch.

I've just spent the better part of the past two hours working on this...
Actually, the patches are for rc1j, that may be why it didn't patch for you,
it patched cleanly for me.

> > Anyway using with patched 1.1.9 I get a
> > weird static line at the top of all recordings.  Do you have this
> > problem?
>
> I just saw the 0.2.0 stuff the other day, but I haven't got much further
> than downloading it. I hope to spend some time on it rather soon though
> (maybe this afternoon, I think today should be slow at work...).

After patching rc1j, I applied some more paken.org patches, then each and
every 0.2.0 rc diff up to 3a. Not a huge amount of rejects, and nothing that
was particularly hard to merge by hand. I've got a tarball together that is
0.2.0-rc3a plus paken.org patches up to the stvlp.2 one. Haven't actually
tried it out yet though. I'm about to actually try building and loading it...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...