[mythtv-users] general remote question

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Thu Dec 2 16:42:56 UTC 2004

I have a general question regarding an avermedia remote that I got with
my TV Studio card..

Specifically its *this* remote:
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/avermedia/tvphone98_0x00031461.jpg

I have it working.. and all seems fine.. exept for one issue...

when I run irw.. I can see it recieving the commands from the remote..
and when I keep a button *pressed* .. it keeps recieving the signal and
responding...

I therefore am led to think the lircd.conf is correct..

However.. when I try to use the remote in MythTV... when I press the
down arrow.. I am expecting it to keep scrolling down as long as I have
the button pressed.. this doesn't happen..

Am not sure whether this is a lirc or MythTV issue.. so if this wrong..
am sorry.. tried posting to lirc list but no response..

So.. does anyone have any ideas/suggestions on this matter?

TIA

Craig