[mythtv-users] IVTV and the Yuan MPG600GR

Jonathan Harding jonath at us.ibm.com
Thu Dec 2 17:03:34 UTC 2004

Hi Folks,
I've been using MythTV for about 6 months now and really enjoy it and
appreciate the work that's been done on it.  I've ironed out most of the
wrinkles I've had along the way except for one.  I am using a Japanese OEM
version of the YUAN mpg600gr (the purple one using saa7173).  I got it at
a store called J&R in Japan.  This card is similar to the PVR-250 except
it is low-profile and uses the saa7173.  I've downloaded and compiled the
drivers from (http://linux.paken.org/index.php?Linux%A4%C7ITVC16-STVLP1).
The only problem I have is that my video has two pixel lines of static at
the top of the recording.  Has anyone seen this problem with other cards -
are my modules options wrong or my recording options within Myth?  Anyone
else using this card with or without my issues?

Mythtv
352X480
DVD-Special-2  -> I've also used default, but I heard this is better.
4:3
4500/6500 bitrate

modules.conf:
# for CX23416GYC-STVLP
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options tuner type=43
options upd64031a card=2
options upd64083 card=2
add below ivtv i2c-core i2c-algo-bit tuner saa717x videodev
add above ivtv mpg600gr upd64031a upd64083