[mythtv-users] DB Error in logs

Bill Oberman Oberman at BodyMedia.Com
Thu Dec 2 16:32:03 UTC 2004

The other night, I lost my recording of the Daily Show, so I looked in
the logs.  Directly before the Daily Show, I had recorded Chappelle's
Show.  I found this in the logs:

DB Error (LogEntry):

Query was:

INSERT INTO mythlog (module, priority, logdate, host, message, details)
values ( 'scheduler', 5,

now(), 'obergrim', 'Finished recording','Finished recording Chappelle's
Show on channel: 1054' );

Driver error was [2/1064]:

QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query

Database error was:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near 's Show on channel: 1054' )'
at line 1

I'm running a stock 0.16 system on redhat 9 with atrpms.  Based on the
error message, I'd guess the apostrophe in Chappelle's Show wasn't
escaped, leading to invalid SQL.  Is this known and/or fixed?  Even if
it's fixed, I don't like to get into CVS builds.... any workarounds?  It
looks like built in logging related, so I could turn that off.

Thanks,

will