[mythtv-users] firewire

Steve Frank steve.frank at bevcore.com
Thu Dec 2 15:53:41 UTC 2004

> Heh - if you can try it and report back, that's another data
> point that we'll all have...
>
> > I assume you were CPU bound?
>
> Yep.  Muchly so.  ;)

Ian, I haven't gotten to the point of connecting a firewire cable box in
(as in, I don't have one), but might I suggest you trying the PCHDTV
implementation of Xine? It is set up to use XvMC for output, and if you
are using unencrypted HD data you might be more lucky. On my 2.2Ghz
overclocked Athlon 2500+, I'm able to decode with an FX5200 nicely, and
maybe there is something in that that may work for you.  My wildest
guess is it might help.  Alternately, you could try using XvMC output
for a standard Xine input and it might work better, too.

I'm curious about doing firewire OUTPUT from my myth box to my TV, since
I have this spanking new Mitsu with firewire inputs.  I'm exploring the
DVI-HDMI thing definitely, but more options are always intriguing.

Steve