[mythtv-users] Problems with cutlist, editing and then transcoding

VJ vj at vijaygill.homelinux.net
Tue Aug 31 08:53:30 EDT 2004

Hi,
    I am having problem with myth due to which I miss first few seconds of
every recording. Following is the detail of the whole situation.

    I am using myth-0.15.1 on knoppmyth 4.1(reiserfs is my filesystem for
both / and /myth partition). After a program gets recorded, I edit it
manually to remove all the commercials and then encode it using a script
written by me. All the script does it to invoke mythtranscode and mencoder
to convert the movie into avi (XviD 1.0.1 codec used).

    Now the problem is that I miss a few seconds (anything 5 upwards).
Thinking of circumventing it, I tried re-edit the file so that I move the
first cut point well before the actual start of the program. MythTV crashed
as soon as I pressed 'e' key. The only way I could get back into editing
that file was by deleting the entry for that program in recorded table (in
mysql) and then running myth.rebuilddatabase.pl script. It founf the orphan
file and recreated a fresh entry for that.

Is anybody facing the same problem?

Thanks and regards from
VJ