[mythtv-users] where is the ck71d ivtv driver?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Aug 29 23:53:38 EDT 2004

On 08/23/2004 03:13 PM, David Barr wrote:

> I tried the release version (0.19) and the CVS-LATEST version, and ran
> into lots of problems with stuttering video and sound which seemed to
> happen when the picture got dark (probably highly compressible
> video).  I switched to version ck105 and it seems a lot better, but I
> still get the occasional stutter.  Has anyone else had this problem,
> and know of a version that corrects the stutter problem?

Actually, you should be able to fix it with Myth:

Extra audio buffering:
This attempts to keep extra audio data in the internal buffers.  Try
setting this if you're getting crackly audio. (Not used for software
encoded video.)

or, the improved description from CVS:

Enable this setting if MythTV is playing "crackly" audio and you are
using hardware encoding. This setting will have no effect on MPEG-4 or
RTJPEG video. MythTV will keep extra audio data in its internal buffers
to workaround this bug.

Mike