[mythtv-users] Thanks and more questions *rolleyes*

Ben Stanley bds02 at uow.edu.au
Sat Aug 28 05:45:54 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 18:22, Verteiler wrote:
> I do get an output on my second console though:
> ivtv: Unknown symbol sys_close
> ivtv: Unknown symbol sys_lseek
> ivtv: Unknown symbol sys_read
> ivtv: Unknown symbol sys_open

The kernel developers decided that these symbols would no longer be
exported to modules from the main kernel sometime before 2.6.7. It
appears that your ivtv module needs them. The ivtv module will have to
be updated to function without them. You will have to go and get a later
version of ivtv.

If you can't get a fixed ivtv, then see below.

You can either downgrade your kernel to something before 2.6.7, or you
can go and edit fs/open.c and fs/read_write.c and re-insert the
EXPORT_SYMBOL macros for the functions named above (see the
EXPORT_SYMBOL macros for other functions to see how they are used). Of
course, you then have to re-compile your kernel.

Ben.