[mythtv-users] Adding a second PVR-250

Jon Kunze jon99ut at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 21:31:41 EDT 2004

Sounds like an ivtv issue. Either that or you ran out of IRQ's for the
second card. Try turning off a unused port.

Ok, I posted to the ivtv forum, but have run into an even worse
problem now. I figured I'd post this problem to both lists to see if
anyone can help me quickly. I attempted to upgrade the ivtv drivers by
reading through Jarod's guide and using the command:

# apt-get update
# apt-get install kernel-module-ivtv-$MYKERNEL ivtv

I then rebooted and when it started Myth back up, and I go to WatchTV
I get a black screen the machine seems to hang. I either have to
reboot or Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to get out of it. I am still able to
watch previously recorded shows, just not capture new streams. Any
ideas on a way to fix this problem before moving on to trying to get
the second card running?