[mythtv-users] Adding a second PVR-250

Bryan Ware bryan at hb-computers.com
Thu Aug 26 21:57:04 EDT 2004

I ad the same problem and resolved it by doing the following. First,
boot to single user and do chkconfig mythbackend off, this will prevent
mythbackend from starting and not load your current ivtv drivers. You
have to get the bleeding edge drivers for ivtv. Go into you source.list
file for apt and change the stable to bleeding for the atrpms entry.
Then do apt-get update to update your list. Next, get the 10pre version
of the ivtv drivers. After that, you will have to modify your
modules.conf file and add the cardtype= statement. I added mine below
for reference. You can find out your card type using the lspci -vv
command. (Might have to reference IVTV site for more info on that)

options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 cardtype=1,2 mpg_buffers=90

Even though you don't have to, I would reboot your system now. Once it
is back up, try to start mythbackend again.

Hope, this helps. Took me three days to get this resolved.

Bryan

Bryan Ware <bryan at hb-computers.com>