[mythtv-users] [CVS: Jul 23/24] Jump Ahead causes video freeze -- new vsync code?

Wed Aug 18 21:36:47 EDT 2004

Doug Larrick wrote:

> John Patrick Poet wrote:
>
>> Doug Larrick, can you successfully Jump around in a show (NBC HD
>> Olympics for example) without the video freezing up occasionally?
>

> What exactly do you mean by Jump?  Which keys?  Do you mean the
> 10-minute jump (pg up/down), the 30-second skip (arrows), or ff/rew (<>)?
>
> And is this only Live TV, or in recordings?
>
> It certainly sounds like something is not telling NVP that it's to
> reset its idea of a/v sync.  Is this with video or audio as timebase?
> (I assume audio, as I imagine you're using AC3 passthrough).

A few "30 second jump"s forward is pretty consistant in causing the problem.

I very rarely watch live tv.  This is with recordings.

Yes, I am using AC3 passthrough, and audio timebase.

This problem is *so* consistant for me, that I have actually been
surprised that no one else has complained about it.  I am currently
running the 23Jul04 CVS, since it does not have the problem, but worry
about getting "left behind" :'(

One thing I have not tried, is compiling up the 24Jul04 CVS with OpenGL
disabled.  I will give that a try later on.

John