[mythtv-users] [CVS: Jul 23/24] Jump Ahead causes video freeze -- new vsync code?

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Wed Aug 18 21:01:53 EDT 2004

John Patrick Poet wrote:
> Doug Larrick, can you successfully Jump around in a show (NBC HD
> Olympics for example) without the video freezing up occasionally?

What exactly do you mean by Jump?  Which keys?  Do you mean the
10-minute jump (pg up/down), the 30-second skip (arrows), or ff/rew (<>)?

And is this only Live TV, or in recordings?

It certainly sounds like something is not telling NVP that it's to reset
its idea of a/v sync.  Is this with video or audio as timebase?  (I
assume audio, as I imagine you're using AC3 passthrough).

-Doug