[mythtv-users] [CVS: Jul 23/24] Jump Ahead causes video freeze -- new vsync code?

Thu Aug 19 00:22:34 EDT 2004

John Patrick Poet wrote:

> Doug Larrick wrote:
>
>> John Patrick Poet wrote:
>>
>>> Doug Larrick, can you successfully Jump around in a show (NBC HD
>>> Olympics for example) without the video freezing up occasionally?
>>

>> What exactly do you mean by Jump?  Which keys?  Do you mean the
>> 10-minute jump (pg up/down), the 30-second skip (arrows), or ff/rew
>> (<>)?
>>
>> And is this only Live TV, or in recordings?
>>
>> It certainly sounds like something is not telling NVP that it's to
>> reset its idea of a/v sync.  Is this with video or audio as
>> timebase?  (I assume audio, as I imagine you're using AC3 passthrough).
>>

> A few "30 second jump"s forward is pretty consistant in causing the
> problem.
>
> I very rarely watch live tv.  This is with recordings.
>
> Yes, I am using AC3 passthrough, and audio timebase.
>
> This problem is *so* consistant for me, that I have actually been
> surprised that no one else has complained about it.  I am currently
> running the 23Jul04 CVS, since it does not have the problem, but worry
> about getting "left behind" :'(
>
> One thing I have not tried, is compiling up the 24Jul04 CVS with
> OpenGL disabled.  I will give that a try later on.

Well I tried compiling up a version of the 24Jul04 CVS with OpenGL
disabled, but it did not change the behavior.

There might be a clue in that fact that it is always about 50 seconds of
freeze, before the video starts up again.  After the video un-freezes,
it will play for a while, and then mythfrontend will crash with an
Aborted message.

If I leave the video alone and don't try to JUMP arround in it, it plays
just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John