[mythtv-users] PIP question

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Aug 18 17:57:51 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 03:34:02PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Yeah, I wasn't saying you had your options wrong--I've seen you on the
> ivtv ML's enough to know you're keeping up with development.  More than
> anything, I was just commenting for anyone else reading the thread, and
> I wanted to emphasize that most of the problems people have when
> upgrading to the new release are due to incorrect options they specify
> that would have been properly autodetected if left out.  Plus, I never
> miss an opportunity to say what great work Hans and Chris are doing.  :)

Indeed-i-o.

> Also, I recommend using modprobe to load the modules instead of insmod.
> (Using insmod, dependent modules are not loaded automatically.)
> Therefore, to load the new driver, just do a:
>
> modprobe ivtv

I probably am, actually, using modprobe.

> >>Note, that ivtv-0.1.10pre2-ckXXX isn't necessarily the best driver to
> >>use with Myth.  (It works great for me, but YMMV.)
> >>
> >So far, I've been getting fantastic mileage.  :-)
> >
> That makes two of us, but as it's not the "stable" driver release, it's
> not (yet) for everyone.

Indeed.

Having a bunch to try, though, is pretty handy; I think 100z was my 3rd
or 4th attempt.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi