[mythtv-users] Lirc_serial + Fedora core 2

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 4 13:36:13 EDT 2004

Jim Sager wrote:

>I use Gentoo so I am not sure what to say regarding Fedora, however, I have
>the following in my modules.conf file:
>
>alias major-char-61 lirc_serial

I hope it's char-major-61. :)

>pre-install lirc_serial setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none

This works with Linux 2.4.x kernels (and modules.conf/conf.modules).
However, Linux 2.6.x simplified the format of modules.conf to get
modprobe.conf.  As an aside, it's much easier to do complex things with
modprobe.conf, but since a lot of people already know modules.conf, they
think modules.conf is easier.

BTW, I gave a modprobe.conf line in my previous post.

Mike