[mythtv-users] Lirc_serial + Fedora core 2

Jim Sager jim.sager at turner.com
Wed Aug 4 12:39:34 EDT 2004

I use Gentoo so I am not sure what to say regarding Fedora, however, I have
the following in my modules.conf file:

alias major-char-61 lirc_serial
pre-install lirc_serial setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none

With the above changes all I have to do is "modprobe lirc_serial" and it
disables the com port (COM1 -> /dev/ttyS0) and loads the lirc_serial module.

I then added "lirc_serial" to "/etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.4" file which
indicates what modules to load via the "modules" init script at boot time.

Hope this helps somewhat.

--
jim