[mythtv-users] LIRC with hughes satellite receiver

Eric Thelin eric at generation-i.com
Tue Aug 3 14:00:12 EDT 2004

I finally got my Home-Brew transmitter working.  So I tried to use
irrecord to record the IR for my Hughes satellite receiver.  The first
half where you push lots of buttons to establish range and timings works
fine but then I try to assign a particular button to an action and it
breaks.  I get a message that "Something went wrong" and that I should
try again.  But I try over and over again and it doesn't work.  Does
anyone have a working lircd.conf file that they can send me?  Is it
possible that the Hughes receiver uses IR that is out of the range of
the 38K IR module that I am using?  Does anyone here know details of the
lirc internals to help me figure out what went wrong?  Do I just have to
give up and get a new receiver?

Eric