[mythtv-users] CLE266 and hardware mpeg decoding

Derek Anderson public at kered.org
Sun Sep 7 14:06:31 EDT 2003

i think it's obvious the driver support "isn't there yet".  if it was,
this would be a non-issue.  a few months ago, ivtv wasn't there yet.  it
was flaky, half broken, and only worked with a small subset of kernels,
libs and configs.  but people who were willing to follow the development
and track down issues could cobble together a system.  and more
importantly, i learned doing so.

ivtv is now easy as cake to get working.  i imagine a few months from
now, CLE266 support will be the same.

it may very well be a waste of your time.  and please don't feel i
expect your help.  (altho it's welcome)  but unless you tell me this is
the wrong forum to ask questions and report on progress, i still find it
a valuable use of my time.

--
  Derek C. Anderson
  public at kered.org