[mythtv-users] Up and running, but have some questions/issues

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 31 12:17:03 EST 2003

On Friday 31 October 2003 12:06, James Pifer wrote:
> JAC,
>
> Thanks for the info. Just skipping by hitting Z (or eventually a
> button on the remote) would work great for me.
>
> Okay, so I need to somehow get my TVOut working. Anyone have this
> card and/or willing to give me a hand offline I would appreciate it.
> (email is jep at obrien-pifer.com) I think I'm close, but it just isn't
> working. I don't want to take any more list time than I have to.

Note that you want the PVR-350 HW decoder w/TV-out; not the TV-out of
your video card.  TV-out on your video card (assuming you have one with
TV-out) is simply a matter of XFree86 configuration; support for the
PVR-350 HW decoder w/TV-out needs to be compiled into Myth by editing
your settings.pro file.  If you have the appropriate version of the
ivtv drivers working, then recompiling Myth with the right options
should be all you need.  Someone who actually has one of these cards
could probably give you more specific help; I haven't come up with the
cash for one yet.  The PVR-350 decoder support is still undergoing some
development, but all reports indicate that the picture quality is
unsurpassed.

> I'll check for that setting, but does leave the question about a
> particular situation and how it would be handled. If I'm taping a
> show at 8PM and another show at 9PM on a different channel, I assume
> it will handle that?.?.? I'll look at Fix Conflicts.

If two recordings are scheduled back-to-back, the "Time to record
before/after" settings are ignored.

-JAC