[mythtv-users] MythTV .nuv files

Jason Hunt jhunt at akula.org
Sat Nov 15 23:41:43 EST 2003

Greetings,

Ok, this is probably a stupid question, but I am a total newbie to MythTV.

Anyway, I just recorded my first program with my PVR-350!  I noticed during
this recording, my processor NEVER went over .9% CPU recording at 720x480 on
a p3 1ghz.  Man, I thought it would take a bigger hit than that.

Anyway, I haven't played it yet, so I can't tell how it looks yet.  My
questions is about this .nuv file it creates.  Is there a way to get MythTV
to convert this to .mpg after it is done?  Or is there an option to record
as a .mpg instead of a .nuv.  Any help clearing this up would be
appreciated.  Thanks guys