[mythtv-users] A very simple VCD, SVCD (and DVD) player script for the PVR-350 decoder

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Mon Nov 3 00:24:49 EST 2003

On Sunday 02 November 2003 04:22 pm, Torsten Schenkel wrote:
> Hi Isaac,
>
> the stream that's created by mplayer -dumpstream is a raw mpeg data
> stream. It's got no mpeg headers at all. The pvr decoder works on these
> streams. On the pvr box mythtv exits with a segfault. Tried to do a
> backtrace on my workstation (no pvr) but mythtv exits cleanly with:
>
> Couldn't find a matching decoder for: stream.dump
>
> Sorry can't do a backtrace on the other machine, my wife will kill me if
> I tamper with the TV right now :-)

Looked into things a tiny bit more, and it seems the problem with VCDs is that
they have quite a bit of empty data at the beginning of the raw stream.  If I
strip off that data before feeding it to the 'mythtv' player program, it
works just fine =)  Shouldn't be difficult to do while probing the file
format...

It recognized the file format fine on the few DVDs that I tried, though
multiple audio streams _really_ confuses the player.

Isaac