[mythtv-users] A very simple VCD, SVCD (and DVD) player script for the PVR-350 decoder

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Sun Nov 2 16:22:41 EST 2003

Hi Isaac,

the stream that's created by mplayer -dumpstream is a raw mpeg data
stream. It's got no mpeg headers at all. The pvr decoder works on these
streams. On the pvr box mythtv exits with a segfault. Tried to do a
backtrace on my workstation (no pvr) but mythtv exits cleanly with:

Couldn't find a matching decoder for: stream.dump

Sorry can't do a backtrace on the other machine, my wife will kill me if
I tamper with the TV right now :-)

Torsten