[mythtv-users] what is an appropriate epia for mythfrontend only?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Mar 31 23:53:47 UTC 2003

mythtv at cheema.com wrote:
> Are you able to use "jitter reduction" and "deinterlace" options on
> the frontend?
>
> Which sound driver are you using?
>
> I have the same board EPIA M-9000 and I am seeing video stutter badly
> when there is alot of motoin.
>
> I am using the default vidoe settings.  I looked at the mysql tables
> brielfy and haven't identified the fields that need changing.

Deinterlace helps with jagged edges of things in motion and
jitter reduction helps with the little twitches. Bigger jumps
during motion are usually problems during recording. See:

and make sure your CPU isn't pegged while recording. I believe
that with the floating point performace of your chip you
would need to lower the resolution a notch or two but you
could increase your bitrate to get a little better picture.

--  bjm