[mythtv-users] daft newbie questions :-)

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Fri Mar 28 18:42:03 UTC 2003

>>>>> On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 11:17:15 +0000, Paul Smith <paullocal at pscs.co.uk> said:

p> Any problems with the following PC spec?
p> - AMD Athlon XP 2800+
p> - Asus A7V8X/LAN motherboard (built in audio)
p> - 512MB DDR RAM
p> - 120GB UDMA-100 drive
p> - IDE DVD-ROM drive
p> - ATI 9000 card with TV-Out
p> - Hauppauge WinTV Theater (x 2?)
p> - PC BlastIR
p> any components there which are going to be a problem? Would there be
p> any that anyone would recommend instead?

I have an A7V8X.  Full-duplex audio is fine with the ALSA driver
(snd-via82xx).  I haven't tried the OSS/Free driver which I think
comes with only the latest kernels.  I also have a Radeon 7500.
TV-out was a little painful to get working (need to build "devel"
branch of gatos ati.2 driver, which requires that you have a
compatible XFree86 source tree around).  Even then, you can't tweak it
to do overscanning.  If this matters to you, there is currently a
thread on video card recommendations.

--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net