[mythtv-users] Problem resolution (tips)

David Tarkowski david.tarkowski at verizon.net
Fri Mar 28 13:31:16 UTC 2003

Thanks for the info.  Until I figure out a good way to do this, I'll
probably write a script (read "kludge") that deletes entries from the
oldrecorded table for shows that tend to have duplicate entries.  And
then run that script every day.

From: Chris <cisip at sprintmail.com>
Date: 26 Mar 2003 20:00:39 -0500
> I have received a reply from myth dev regarding this.  It was suggested
> that you run mysql and then at the prompt type "delete from
> oldrecorded;" (without the quotes but with the semicolon) and then
> exit.  To my understanding this will clear your oldrecorded so that
> mythtv will forget that it has recorded the show before.  As far as the
> code that does this, maybe if you can find the code that inserts this
> info into oldrecorded.  Try this at your own risk.  Backup your database
> first.  I have not really tested it yet because I am struggling with
> another DB error that apparently results from two encoders recording the
> same show at the same time to the same file on a 2 tuner system.

Cliff Draper    Sun Microsystems, Forte Tools
My opinions may or may not reflect those of my employer.
Professionals are predictable, it's the amateurs that are dangerous.