[mythtv-users] Looking for some additional information

Chris Palmer mythtv at zencow.com
Thu Mar 27 23:45:03 UTC 2003

Alex Davidson wrote
> On a related note,  does anyone have any opinions on the Windows XP Media
> Center systems coming out now like
> http://www.alienware.com/mce_main_sff.aspx# ?

It seems a bit expensive for a computer with the features
they list.  I think I can build one of those for under $1000
(subjective, not objective, though).  I've looked at the
shuttle cases and almost got one in the past, but thier
$300+ pricetag just for a shoebox case and motherboard
with just 1 AGP and 1 PCI slot seemed a bit expensive for
the value you get.  I think I can get a barebones system
with CPU and memory for very little over that and I would
find room close to my TV to hide the larger case.

-Chris