[mythtv-users] Looking for some additional information

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Thu Mar 27 18:03:56 UTC 2003

> 8) Future potential: every two weeks mythtv is significantly better than
> before. It is getting better much fast than tivo.

I have only been following myth for a couple of weeks, and in that time it
has evolved immensly!  Just yesterday I grabbed CVS and there is a brand new
playback/delete screen! It looks as though we will have some more
substantial improvements very soon as well - it does appear that there is a
pretty good framework in place to allow new developments really quickly.

As for stability, I think it probably depends a little bit on choice of
hardware.  However, I think you are being too harsh - there has been a major
revision in the code which is adding massive flexibility to the core engine,
and the release of that code just came out.  All things considered I think
it is very stable - certainly Isaac only has his own hardware in front of
him, but people are finding the minor gremlins now and everything looks like
it is getting fixed really rapidly.

The code is fairly easy to modify in order to change keybindings.  Sure it
would be nice to have this configurable, but someone has to write the code
first, so find some time to do this and send it to Isaac I guess...?
Certainly the proposed "popup menu" functionality (if someone is serious
about implementing it) appears to fix all these complaints anyway, so give
it some time and check back later

Please don't take this the wrong way, however, there have been two emails
recently which could be construed as complaints.  Please all remember that
this is the result of the hard work of a few people who have chosen to share
their project with us.  I am personally extremely grateful, and I think we
owe it to Isaac and all the others who have worked so hard to produce this.
All: Please try and phrase your bug reports in a positive way so that the
developers remain incentivised to work on this great project.