[mythtv-users] Tuners and Audio, was: B&W Picture and Channels off....

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Thu Mar 20 01:29:49 UTC 2003

>>>>> On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:30:18 -0600, Unit3 <unit3 at demoni.ca> said:

g> I figured that using btaudio would solve (or at least work around)
g> this problem. However, I can't figure out how to get mythtv to capture
g> from btaudio... I think the problem lies in that I'm using ALSA for my
g> sound card, and btaudio is a part of the OSS and not ALSA drivers. I
g> could be completely off base here. Anyway, kmix shows 3 audio line ins
g> for btaudio, and setting any of them to record produces no sound in
g> MythTV. Ideas?

	No, there is no problem using btaudio for sound-in and ALSA
for sound-out.  You just need to tell MythTV to use a different
/dev/dspX for sound input when you run "setup/setup" (find the device
number in your syslog, at the point where btaudio is loaded).  But
first, have you tested that btaudio is working outside MythTV?  Run
"xawtv" and use aplay or sox to read the btaudio device.  Read the
kernel docs (Documentation/sound/btaudio) for more information.

--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net