[mythtv-users] ...Can only watch Live TV without program guide info.

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 11 19:38:40 UTC 2003

Did you run the setup/setup program from the source directory?  Make
sure you complete all the steps there; this is what associates a TV
tuner device with a set of channel listings.  Without that, the program
listings fetched by mythfilldatabase are not associated with your
tuner.  The "Watch TV" button probably works because you previously ran
some program like xawtv which tuned the card to a channel, but since
Myth has no association between your card and a set of channels, you
can't change channels.  If you reboot your machine and then try to watch
live TV with Myth, I'll bet you only get a blue screen, since the tuner
card will be in an "untuned" state.

-Joe C.