[mythtv-users] Re:RE: Re:Need a little help with setup

Weaver, Charles cweaver at fgcu.edu
Mon Mar 3 20:59:30 UTC 2003

Ray, if you figured it out, why did you not send in a post?  Just to let you
know, I sent an email to the person maintaining or creating the installation
guide with the suggestion to add the information about the password, so that
others would not have the same problem.  If everyone posts answers to the
problems we encounter, then eventually the install document will be very
rich and extremely helpful.
JMO
Charlie

At 08:48 AM 3/3/2003 -0500, Weaver, Charles wrote:
>I think I have it. I did not set the password for the root. As soon as I
>did that, setup started to work.

Yes. I'm the person who asked about this last week, and I too figured out
the problem before anyone here posted anything helpful.

Since I'm not alone, I wonder if a short note about this requirement should
be added to the installation instructions, to assist first-time MySQL users
...even though this is not a MythTV problem as such.