[mythtv-users] New System/New User Hardware Questions

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Wed Jun 11 10:53:56 EDT 2003

Using the exact same motherboard I had only minor troubles getting things
work under RH8 and slightly bigger problems with RH9 due to the fact that
they have changed the kernel to include some 2.5 memory management stuff.

Using RH8 I needed to install ALSA, but once I did that, sound was peachy.
Not too hard either. (The RH9 memory management stuff also broke the ALSA
drivers, but that was back when RH9 was brand new - ALSA may allow for this
difference now)
Network card worked out of the box using the nVidia drivers.
On board video did cause some problems, but since it didn't have a composite
out, I went with a AGP GF2 MX 400 (and later a GF4 MX 440) that I have been
quite happy with.

BTW: It would be a great motherboard if you're setting up a PC on the cheap
since you could get away without having to buy an extra cards (video, sound,
network etc) and it's only A$110 ~= US$70

Can you point me towards the source for your case?

CH