[mythtv-users] New System/New User Hardware Questions

Perry, Aaron aperry at atg.com
Tue Jun 10 10:56:34 EDT 2003

I can't answer your questions , but coincidentally I just ordered a
similar list of hardware this morning from newegg:

Asus A7N266-VM motherboard

AMD Athlon 1700

512MB Kingston PC2700

And a nice little micro-ATX aluminum case that'll look good with my
entertainment center

(it totaled about $250 and I already have a spare HD and CD-ROM, as well
as the PVR-250)

I've read that some people are having problems with this motherboard and
various Linux distributions, even with the nvidia drivers.  But I
couldn't resist the integrated NIC and video and sound (digital 5.1
out!).  I just completed a Myth setup for the first time on a P4 2.4Ghz
Dell (Mandrake91 and PVR-250), and I like the results but I want the
computer back for other things, so I thought this would be a fun (and
better looking) project.

Let me know if you find anything out....

Aaron