[mythtv-users] requirements?

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Thu Jun 5 10:57:37 EDT 2003

At 11:21 AM 6/5/2003 -0400, Matt wrote:
>Now that the 250 is so cheap, does it really make any sense to buy a
>WIN-GO card for $50 bucks? (aside from saving $50)?  That is really a
>small amount.  You can more than make up for the difference in lower
>processor / memory requirement.
>
>I am still debating whether to buy a WIN-GO for $50 or a PVR-250 for $99

I cannot speak to the merits of the PCR-250 ... but please DO NOT buy a
"WIN-GO" (actual name: WinTV Go). At least not unless you can find one of
the older ones, the ones that use a bt878 chip.

Newer WinTV Go cards use a different chip that is not yet supported by any
v4l driver. Because the change was slipstreamed by Hauppauge, it is easy to
make a mistake here. Consult the list archives for the details.