[mythtv-users] Convert to standard MPG files

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 27 11:30:31 EDT 2003

On Saturday 26 July 2003 23:06, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have you tried playing the .nuv files? I think there should be nothing
> special about these files, except the extension...

This is only true is you're using a PVR-x50 or other hardware MPEG card, which
he is not judging by the fact that he's using an MPEG-4 (software) encoding.
The MPEG-2 .nuv files produced by the PVR cards are indeed standard MPEG
files with a .nuv extension; the RTjpect, MJPEG or MPEG-4 files produced by
myth's software encoder are in a container format unique to myth.  Search the
list archives; there are plenty of threads about how to transcode them into
MS-readable formats.

-JAC